Teen lifeguard drowns after pool electrocution

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Authorities say a teen lifeguard who was found unresponsive at a community pool was electrocuted in the water.

17-year-old Rachel Rosoff was found in the pool at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

A relative says Rachel was alone at the pool at the time of her death. It’s believed she was holding a metal support when she reached into the water to check chemicals.

In a call to 911, another pool worker described finding Rachel face down in the water.

A preliminary autopsy report suggests the pool had an electrical charge when Rachel entered the water and may have her rendered unconscious, leading to death by drowning.

The incident remains under investigation.

Copyright (c) 2016 NBC All Rights Reserved


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment