Donald Trump and running mate Mike Pence say they have evidence to dispute the recent allegations of sexual assault against the Republican presidential nominee — but they’re holding it until an “appropriate time.”
"These claims are all fabricated. They are pure fiction and they're outright lies," Trump said during a speech in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Thursday. "We already have substantial evidence to dispute these lies, and it will be made public in an appropriate way and at an appropriate time — very soon."
On Friday, Pence continued to tease that the campaign could put the more than half dozen allegations to rest.
“Well, just stay tuned. I know that there is more information that is going to be coming out that will back his claim that this is all categorically false,” Pence told CBS This Morning Friday.
The big question now is when exactly would the “appropriate time” be?
Trump has seen falling poll numbers in the wake of last week's release of a 2005 Access Hollywood video. There has not been any polling released since women began coming forward this week with allegations of past sexual misconduct by Trump. One-fourth of elected Republicans have pulled their support from the Republican nominee and the speaker of the House has said while he’ll vote for Trump, he is done defending and campaigning for him.
Trump in return, has effectively declared war on his Republican critics and announced that the “shackles” have finally come off his campaign — he is free to say what he wants.
The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for more information about what evidence Trump and Pence say they have and what the timeline of release might be.