Do you have the best looking holiday lights display on your block, or even in the entire neighborhood? If so, you could win a $100 Home Depot gift card in our Holiday Lights sweepstakes!
Simply upload a picture showcasing your exterior illumination skills to the Holiday Lights tab on our Facebook page for your chance to win!
One person will be selected in a random drawing on January 6th to receive the gift card! Isn't that a great way to start the new year? So grab your camera and show everyone your holiday spirit! Enter the Holiday Lights sweepstakes today!
Holiday Lights Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Holiday Lights Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) of the State of Ohio who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WKYC-TV, Inc.("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Ohio Savings Bank and each of theirrespective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How ToEnter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.)on Saturday, December 7, 2013, and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, January 5, 2014(the "Contest Period").
Internet Entry.Enter between 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) Saturday, December 7, 2013 and 11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 5, 2014 (the "Entry Period") by visiting Sponsor's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/WKYC.Channel3, click on the Holiday Lights tab link, submitting one (1) photograph that shows your home's exterior holiday lighting display. Complete all required information and follow all posted instructions. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph, taken by the contestant identified on the entry, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept .jpeg and .png format images, no larger than 2mb in size. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Sponsor reserves the rights to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights, refuse any photograph it determines to be unacceptable, indecent or inappropriate. No individuals may be shown in the photographs. Submissions that include an image of any individual, regardless of age, will be disqualified.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, January 5, 2014.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete e-mail transmissions. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about Monday January 6, 2014.
5. Prizes and Odds. Winner will each receive one (1) $100 Home Depot gift card. (ARV: $100).
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Tuesday January 7, 2014 at thephone number and email address provided on winner's entry form. Each winner must respond to either notification within 24 hours. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to notification within such time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, Winner must personally pick up his/her prize at WKYC-TV located at 1333 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) to 5:00 p.m. (E.T.), by the close of business on Friday, January 31, 2014. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable, nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised bya virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Holiday Lights Sweepstakes is sponsored by WKYC-TV. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after January 31, 2014), or a copy of these Official Rules, visit wkyc.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), Holiday Lights Sweepstakes, 1333 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Mac Mahaffee firstname.lastname@example.org or at (216) 344-3364.