ELCHE, SPAIN -- At least 28 people were hurt when a fireworks display accidentally went off all at once in a church bell tower in Spain.
Streams of sparks and burning material landed on people gathered below for a town festival.
A spokeswoman for the town said the church fireworks were covered by a protective blanket and in a pack designed to shoot mini-rockets some 330 yards into the air before exploding.
But a firework fired from somewhere else landed on the pack, igniting the fuses minutes before the midnight launch.
Three fireworks operators were hospitalized for serious burns and 25 others were treated for minor injuries.