A Cleveland Heights man was indicted for robbing seven banks and attempting to rob an eighth bank in November.
He focused mostly on banks in the the eastern suburbs of Cleveland.
U.S. Attorney and the FBI say Kevin Walcott,40, was indicted on seven counts of bank robbery and one count of attempted bank robbery.
He got nearly $13,000 from the robberies, according to the indictment.
"This defendant is accused of robbing more than a half-dozen banks during a month-long spree," U.S. Attorney Steve Dettelbach said.
"Each of these incidents put people at risk."
The robberies alleged in the indictment are as follows:
- Oct. 26: Dollar Bank, 2200 Warrensville Center Road, University Heights, $2,470.
- Nov. 1: Ohio Savings Bank, 2066 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, $690.
- Nov. 2: PNC Bank, 10900 Lorain Road, Cleveland, $2,194.
- Nov. 5: Citizens Bank, 5710 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, $1,021.
- Nov. 8: Key Bank, 911 East 185th Street, Cleveland, $3,660.
- Nov. 13: Huntington Bank, 920 East 185th Street, Cleveland, $800.
- Nov. 15: Huntington Bank, 20601 Fairmount Blvd., Shaker Heights, $2,069.
- Attempted: Nov 21: PNC Bank, 20711 Chagrin Blvd. Shaker Heights.
Walcott was arrested shortly after the attempted robbery of PNC Bank.
According to court documents, Shaker Heights police found a handwritten note on him that read, in part:
"I have a Gun and a Police Radio If I SEE Police or hear the ALARM you Die First If I don't make it out you Die First Give me all your 100.00 Both Drawer's 50.00 20.00 I sEE Bait MonEY 10.00 you Die."