CLEVELAND --Whether you're traveling for the Christmas holiday or simply around town this weekend, snow is something that will likely have an impact on your plans.
Portions of the Midwest have already been hit hard by the winter storm. As a result, flights coming in and out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport have been delayed and/or cancelled until further notice.
Your best bet is to start planning from the moment you wake up. And it just so happensthere's an app for that.
The Winter Wake Up app is a lot more than an alarm.It tracks snow and frost conditions overnight while you sleep. You can preset your alarm around the weather.If conditions are bad, you can schedule an earlier time to wake up.
Winter Wake Up is free and works with Android and iOS.If apps aren't for you, you should definitely programBuckeyetraffic.org into your computer, phone, or tablet.There you can take a peek at road closures, activity and you can also check for winter conditions.
If you don't have it yet, you'll also want to check outthe WKYC app for iPhone and iPad.The new app has features that include:
- Interactive radar, hourly extended and weekend forecasts Interactive weather radar maps-in-motion
- Social sharing ability to Facebook, Twitter and email
- A video-centric content display
- Extensive photo and video galleries
- Selections for users to opt-in for breaking news, weather and/or general news alerts
- Real-time school closing information customized to the user's favorite schools
- Automatic desk clock mode featuring stunning imagery of Northeast Ohio