AKRON -- It's almost time to ring in the New Year. If you are looking for a family friendly event, 'First Night Akron' is providing fun for the whole family while you welcome2013.
Admission buttons can be purchased on Dec. 31 at Stage Left Boutique at Akron Civic Theatre and The Library Shop on Main Street.
To find a list of events, including indoor and outdoor activities as well as rides on Metro buses for free, go toFirst Night Akron's website at www.firstnightakron.org/about/facts.
Here are a few other highlights of the event.
- First Night is new and fresh each year, featuring new projects, artists and musicians
- Start or end your night in front of Lock 3 with fireworks! Enjoy the Akron Children's Hospital Kids Countdown Show and kids fireworks at 9 p.m. and the Midnight Countdown Show and FirstMerit Fireworks Show at midnight
- FREE parking is available downtown all night long. Admission buttons cost $10, and children under the age of 10 are admitted FREE
- More than 80 artists and performing groups will take the stage at First Night
- Many downtown restaurants and First Night venues serve food on New Year's Eve.