*The Disciplinary action included in this report was obtained from the Ohio Board of Education.
It represents disciplinary action taken against school employees from 2008 - 2013.
The Ohio Board of Education disciplined at least 580 educators in Northeast Ohio between 2008 and 2013. WKYC's digital team reviewed the data and grouped the disciplinary actions into 11 categories.
Below we've explained what each of the categories for discipline means:
- Inappropriate Behavior: Indicates inappropriate disciplinary procedures in classrooms, behavior during school or at school related functions, improper procedural practice, failing to maintain appropriate relations.
- Sexual Misconduct: Indicates educators who faced legal action for charges that may include rape, child pornography, sexual assault, pandering sexually explicit material, sexual battery.
- Confidential: Reason for discipline kept confidential or redacted.
- Disorderly Conduct: Indicated educators who were charged with disorderly conduct.
- Assault: Indicates educators who were charged with Assault.
- Felony: Indicates educators who were charged with some type of felony.
- Misdemeanor: Indicates educators who were charged with some type of misdemeanor.
- Conviction: Indicates educators were were convicted of a crime.
- Unclear: Indicates educators who faced disciplinary action but the reason is not revealed.
- Theft: Indicates educators who were charged with theft.
- Legal Issue: Indicates educators who faced some legal issue.