Our own Hollie Strano, with the help of the Indians' Ketchup, celebrated John Anderson's birthday on Friday with a hot dog cake. A lot of people wanted to know how she made the cake, so here is the recipe.
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 2 Twinkies
- Chocolate icing (milk chocolate)
- Red and yellow icing
How it's made:
- Cut about 1/8" off the long sides of the pound cake. Then cut the cake center (about 1" in from both sides and about 2" deep) creating a place for the Twinkies.
- Place the Twinkies in the pound cake.
- Frost the Twinkies using milk chocolate icing.
- Decorate using the red and yellow icing to look like mustard and ketchup.
Another fun idea: Cut the left over pound cake into long strips and drizzle with red icing to make it look like ketchup and fries.