SANDUSKY -- Soak City is making a national splash.
A recent survey by TripAdvisor ranks Cedar Point's water park #10 in the nation.
Soak City, which opened in 1988 adjacent to Cedar Point, gives thrillseekers dozens of ways to cool down in the Sandusky summer sizzle.
The most recent addition came in 2012 when Soak City unleashed Dragster H2O. It takes six sliders at a time through a curvy, enclosed tube before gushing them down a series of hills into a splash-filled finish. Each rider braves Dragster H2O head-first by sliding down on their stomachs using blue mats.
After your bare feet carry you up the dozens of stairs, each of the water slide complexes offer panoramic views of Lake Erie and the Cedar Point skyline.
Soak City also includes a wave pool, lazy river, action river, a tube slide big enough for your whole family, volleyball courts and several spots for little ones to splash around.
Admission to Soak City is separate from Cedar Point, but it's free for Platinum passholders.
The TripAdvisor list did not include any of the Schlitterbahn water parks, which are considered industry trendsetters. Recently, the Schlitterbahn location in Kansas City, Kansas, opened the world's tallest water slide, which sparked global headlines and a one-hour Travel Channel special.
The TripAdvisor rankings also listed the top 10 amusement parks in which Cedar Point placed 8th.
The others on the top 10 list of water parks include the following in ranking order:
- Disney's Blizzard Beach: Orlando, Florida
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon: Orlando, Florida
- Aquatica: Orlando, Florida
- Holiday World & Splashin' Safari: Santa Claus, Indiana
- Water Country USA: Williamsburg, Virginia
- Morey's Piers and Beachfront Waterparks: Wildwood, New Jersey
- Noah's Ark: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Dollywood's Splash Country Water Adventure Park: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Wet 'n Wild: Orlando, Florida
The list was determined by reviews from TripAdvisor travelers.