They are two mothers who share one tragic commonality -- the loss of a child. But these women have turned their sadness into hope, starting an organization they call Kisses From Heaven.
Their mission? To deliver gift bags to parents whose babies are not at home but in area neo-natal intensive care units this holiday season.
WKYC's Robin Swoboda sat down with Jill MacGregor and Stacie Lindeman.
They are looking to make visits to five hospitals -- Fairview General, Hillcrest, Akron Children's, Cleveland Clinic and Rainbow Babies & Children's -- at least twice a year to deliver gift bags to those parents whose children are staying there.
They are looking for donations -- by Dec. 12 -- from anyone who would like to support their project. Check out Making a Difference One Bag at a Time
You can drop off your donation at:
- Grace Baptist Church, 23096 Center Ridge Road in Westlake on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon or before/after the 10 a.m. Sunday service
- Sisters and Company Salon 684 Avon Belden Road, Suite C2 in Avon Lake
They are looking for:
- $10 gas station gift cards
- $10 gift cards to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Panera, Subway, NcDonald's or any place you grab a quick bite to eat
- Packages of crackers, granola bars, cookies
- Bags of Hershey Kisses
- Small boxes of candy
- Candy Canes (red and white only)
- Decorative journals for the parents to write down their thoughts, their baby's progress, etc
- Preemie-sized sleepers
- Copies of the book "You Are My Miracle" by MaryAnn Cosimano in a board book size
- PayPal donations through the Kisses from Heaven Facebook Page or the Kisses From Heaven website