PARMA -- The Parma-Snow branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library system is opening a new chapter.
The newly renovated and expanded 41,000-square-foot library makes its debut on Saturday.
The renovated library offers an array of features, including:
- A wide selection of books, DVDs, CDs and other materials.
- A full-service drive-up window.
- An approximately 400-seat public auditorium.
- An interactive children's Play, Learn and Grow space. It features artwork from the book "LMNO Peas" by author/illustrator Keith Baker.
- Technology Learning Center where free computer-training classes will be held.
- Public computer stations with high-speed Internet access.
- Community meeting spaces.
Saturday's grand opening begins with a special celebration from 5:30-9 p.m. The event includes a "Polar Express" children's storytime, commemorative library cards and performances by Inlet Dance Theatre, Cleveland Youth Orchestra and the Cleveland Music Settlement J@MS Jazz Band.
Since July 2012, the library provided service from a temporary location in Midtown Plaza while the renovation was underway.
This project is part of the biggest improvement program ever done by the Cuyahoga County Public Library in 90 years.
The Parma-Snow branch is located at 2121 Snow Road in Parma.