Among the 18 witnesses Shane M. French aka Rover has listed for his trial is Sirius radio host Howard Stern, according to documents filed.
CLEVELAND -- Among the 18 witnesses Shane M. French aka Rover has listed for his trial is Sirius rado host Howard Stern, according to documents filed today in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.
The documents were filed by his attorneys Larry W. Zukerman and Brian Murray following a pre-trial conference held this morning in Common Pleas Court Judge Brian J. Corrigan's courtroom.
French, 38, of Avon, was arrested July 5 and arraigned Oct. 16 on charges of resisting arrest, vandalism, criminal damaging, assault, inducing panic attempted felonious assault, assault of a police officer and unauthorized possession/sale/discharge of fireworks, among other charges.
His trial is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. May 20.
French, known as "Rover" of "Rover's Morning Glory" show on WMMS FM/100.7, was arrested for allegedly shoving an off-duty police officer.
French and Michael Toomey, also charged, are accused of shooting fireworks at an off-duty police officer, shoving him and running away when he tried to arrest them, according to Cleveland Police, at 3:40 a.m. on Whiskey Island near Olde River Yacht Club July 5.
Off-duty Cleveland Police officer Steven Kinas told police he was on his boat in the area, saw fireworks and found French and another man "highly intoxicated." They refused to stop shooting fireworks, Kinas told officers, and instead shot fireworks in his direction.
French allegedly grabbed Kinas' shirt with both hands after Kinas identified himself as an officer. French started pushing Kinas, the police report states, and the other man did as well.
Witnesses being called include:
- Representative, Murphy's Ale House 7503 Granger Rd, Valley View, Ohio 44125
- Michael Marich, 5386 Wetzel Drive, Cleveland, Ohio 44109
- James Laule, 1377 Canturbury Road, Westlake, Ohio 44145
- Shannon Henry, 5306, Wetzel Drive, Cleveland, Ohio 44109
- Thomas Ross, Cleveland Police Department, 1300 Ontario St, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Representative, Internal Revenue Service, 1240 E 9th St #793 Cleveland, Ohio 44199
- James Renner, 583 Malvern Road, Akron Ohio, 44303
- Representative, Scene Magazine, 1468 W. 9th St., Suite 805, Cleveland, Ohio, 44113
- Howard Stern, SiriusXM 36th Floor, Attn: The Howard Stern Show, Studio 69 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020
- Representative of Sirius XM Radio, 1 Cascade Plaza Akron, Ohio 44308
- Elberth Eggelmeyer, Cleveland Police Department, 1300 Ontario St, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Valentine Lucie, 7433 Ford Drive Mentor, Ohio 44060
- Terry Gilbert, Esq. 55 Public Square #1055, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Kenneth Allen, Cleveland Police Department, 1300 Ontario St, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Representative, Facebook, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025
- Representative, National Weather Service, 1325 East West Highway, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
- Gerald E. Fuerst, Clerk of Court, Title Bureau, 1200 Ontario Street, 2nd Floor Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Rachel Vadaj, 7505 Thatchum Lane, Mentor, Ohio 44060.