TRAFFIC: Live road conditions
Broken water main on Tyler Blvd EB just east of SR-306 in Mentor. The EB lanes are blocked. Eastbound traffic is being diverted on to the WB lanes.
LOCAL ROAD CLOSURES
A portion of E. 105th St is closed between Pasadena and Somerset Avenues in Cleveland due to a collapsed sewer. The southbound lane will remain open. One lane of traffic will be for northbound travelers and the second lane will carry southbound travelers. Expect delays. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. is an alternate route around this partial closure.
The intersection of W. 78th St and Elton Avenue is closed in Cleveland due to a collapsed sewer. The intersection is expected to be closed for close to two weeks as crews work to fix the problem. Lorain Avenue, W. 80th St. and W. 73rd St. are options for detours.
Rt 303 between Stony Hill Rd and Hwy 3/Hwy 94/Ridge Rd in Hinckley is closed due to road construction. Westbound detour is SR-3 SB to I-71 NB to SR 303. Eastbound Detour: reversed. The road is expected to reopen at the end of the week.
CONSTRUCTION IMPACTING RTA
Construction is causing delays to traffic on both Chester and Euclid Avenue in Cleveland. These delays are also impacting RTA buses. A spokesperson for RTA says if your bus route includes Chester and Euclid Avenue, you can anticipate delays. You can call RTAnswerline at 216.621.9500 to see if there are reroutes on your bus lines. You can also check the RTA website for information.
SHORT-TERM CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Ackley Road Closure: Ackley Road at Broadway Avenue in Cleveland is closed until mid-June. Construction crews are reconstructing the Braodway/Ackley/Union intersection. Drivers will be detoured via East 65th Street and Kenyon Avenue.
I-90 on Cleveland's west side: The right lane of I-90 EB at Berea Road in Cleveland is closed and is expected to remain closed until early May. The Ohio Department of Transportation is repairing an existing retaining wall in the area.
The ramp to I-90 EB from W 140th St in Cleveland is closed for retaining wall repair through early May
I-480 Construction: The I-480 east and westbound exit ramps to Tiedeman Road in Parma will be narrower starting Tuesday, March 25th. Construction crews are working to widen the exit ramps. Two lanes will be maintained during the construction but the lane widths will be reduced.
Cleveland Heights Mayfield Rd Construction: Mayfield Rd between Coventry Road and Forest Hills Boulevard is down to just one lane in each direction. Crews are working to resurface the road. To avoid delays, consider taking an alternate route. Euclid Avenue is an option. The project is expected to last until June 30, 2014.
I-77 Construction in Independence: If you are one of the 140,000 cars Ohio Department of Transportation officials say travel the I-77/I-480 interchange a day; remember there are changes to your drive.
The I-77 SB exit ramp to I-480 WB and the I-480 EB ramp to I-77 NB are both closed through November 2014. The detours for these closures are I-490, SR-176 and I-480. Detour signs are posted.
Additionally, the I-480 WB ramp to I-77 NB and the I-77 SB ramp to I-480 EB are both reduced to one lane. The speed limit is reduced to 50 mph on both I-77 NB/SB between I-480 and SR-21. Canal Rd to SR-21 NB to I-77 NB is an additional detour around this construction.
Crews for the Ohio Department of Transportation are working to replace the I-77 bridge over Canal Rd. This project is expected to last for two construction seasons.
SR-306 lane closure: One lane of SR-306 between Emerald Glen Court and Clock Tower Drive is closed daily between 7 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. for guardrail repairs. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained utilizing flaggers. The daily closure will be until Thursday, April 10.
SR-535 Temporary lane closures: SR-535 will have temporary lane closures starting Monday, April 7. Crews are implementing new traffic configurations for bridge deck replacement.
Graham Rd Project: Starting Monday, March 31, there will be a traffic shift on Graham Road from Bath Road through and including Wyoga Lake Road. According to the city of Stow website, construction work will begin on the northside of the road with saw cutting, roadway and curb removal, storm sewer installation, and drive approach installation. The work is expected to be completed in four to six weeks.
North Firestone Blvd construction project (Akron): North Firestone Blvd is closed between Firestone Pky and South Main due to road construction. The road will be closed until late August.
State Route 8 and I-271 in Macedonia: The SR-8 NB ramp to I-271 NB will have various nightly lane restrictions Sunday through Thursday nights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews are installing a noise wall in the area.
State Route 59: SR-59 WB (Akron Innerbelt) is reduced to one lane between I-76 and N. Main St. for resurfacing. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 2014.
Summit Rd bridge and Clark Mill Rd bridge replacement: I-76 EB/WB will have various daily lane restrictions under Summit Rd in Norton between 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. There will also be nightly lane closures of I-76 EB/WB between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. All restrictions are weather dependent. Summit Rd over I-76 will remain closed until early July. The detour is Barber Rd to Norton Ave. to Wooster Rd.
Bridge repairs impacting I-77 in Akron: There will be nightly shoulder closures of I-77 NB/SB between Waterloo Rd and the Central Interchange for bridge repair. The closures are expected to last between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
I-271 in Richfield Village and Richfield Township:
- The Brecksville Rd. bridge over I-271 is reduced to one lane through early June for bridge rehabilitation.
- SR 303 over I-271 is restricted to one lane in each direction through early December due to bridge work.
- I-271 between Broadview Rd and the Ohio Turnpike will have various lane restrictions during non-peak travel hours for roadway construction. Crews are reconstructing the pavement along I-271 from Broadview Rd to the Ohio Turnpike. The entire project is expected to be completed by late July 2017.
US-422 Construction: Ohio Department of Transportation crews will close one lane of U.S. 422 east and westbound between SR 306 and SR 44 to reconfigure traffic. Crews are preparing for major pavement rehabilitation on U.S. 422. The lane closure is expected to last until mid-April.
I-90 Lane Restrictions: There will be various lane restrictions on I-90 EB/WB under Chapel Rd in Austinburg due to bridge demolition work. The Ohio Department of Transportation is replacing the Chapel Rd bridge. Chapel Rd will also be closed between Clay St. and Austinburg Rd through mid-June 2014. The recommended detour is Clay St. to SR-45 to Austinburg Rd.
Rock Springs Rd. Bridge Project: Rock Springs Rd bridgebetween SR 5 & Cable Line Rd. is closed through May for bridge repairs. Detour: SR 5 to SR 59 to SR 14 to Booth Rd.
State Route 303: State Route 303, just east of Kuder Road in Hinckley Township will close for a culvert replacement. The detour for westbound drivers is SR-303 to SR-3, south on SR-3 to I-71, north on I-71 to SR-303 and reverse for eastbound drivers. The road is expected to reopen on April 18th.
LONG-TERM CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
- The Remsen Road bridge over I-71 in Media is closed due to a bridge rehabilitation project. The bridge will be closed through September 2014. Drivers are encouraged to use Weymouth Rd, Ledge Rd and Ridge Rd as alternate routes around the closure.
- Denison Ave eastbound is closed due to construction work between Ridge Rd and the Jennings Freeway. Clark Ave is a detour.
- Kinsman Township -- Mayburn Corners Barclay Rd. over Sugar Creek between SR 5 and Burnett East Rd. will be closed through late June 2014 for a bridge replacement. The detour is Burnett East Rd. to SR 5.
- Bedford - Columbus Rd. between Northfield Rd. & Bartlett Rd. closed for bridge repair. Detours are posted.
- Two southbound lanes of E. 9th St at Euclid Ave in downtown Cleveland are closed due to building rehabilitation in the area. One lane of traffic is maintained. The work goes until Aug. 2014. At that time, two southbound lanes will open until the completion of the project in 2015.
- Broadway Ave. exit ramp from I-90 E is permanently closed. Use I-490 E to the Broadway Ave. exit.
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St to I-90 W
- On-ramp closed: E. 21 St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 30th St./Woodland to I-77 N
- On-ramp closed: W. 14th St. on-ramp to I-90 E toward downtown. Detour: To downtown use Abbey to Lorain-Carnegie. To I-90 E take Professor to Starkweather to W. 7th, then to I-490 E to I-77 N.
- Off-ramp closed: I-490 W to I-77 NI-71 N at the Jennings, reduced to one lane.
- Off-ramps from I-90 E to both Carnegie Ave. and E. 22nd closed. Access these exits using I-490 E to I-77 N
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Eddy Rd.
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Ontario
- W. 25th St. entrance ramp to I-71 N is closed