CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND ROAD CLOSURES LISTED BY COUNTY.
*New* Forman Rd under I-90 closed starting Monday, July 28 through Monday, August 3 for bridge demolition work. The detour is Clay St. to SR 45 to Austinburg Rd.
*New* SR 193 just north of US 20 closed through Wednesday, July 30 for railroad crossing repairs. The detour is US 20 to SR 11 to SR 531.
ALL NEW: Live Traffic Cameras
*New* US 6 at Pymatuning Lake Rd will be closed between Wednesday, July 30 and Monday, August 14 for a culvert replacement. The detour is US 6/SR7 to SR 85 to PA Route 285.
Jefferson Rd. over I-90 closed through late September for a bridge replacement. The detour is State Rd. to Seven Hills Rd.
SR 531 closed between Myers Rd and Nineveh Rd through early October for roadway widening and resurfacing. The detour is SR 45 to US 20 to SR 534. Beginning Monday, July 28, residential traffic traveling within this closure will only be permitted to move in the westbound direction. Eastbound drivers will need to use the local detour.
SR 46 closed one mile north of US 6 between Sirrine Rd. and Tompkins Rd for a culvert replacement. The detour is US 6 to SR 11 to SR 307. The project is expected to be completed by October 2014.
- SR 11 is reduced to one lane in each direction over I-90 via a crossover traffic pattern.
- The SR 11 northbound ramp to I-90 westbound is closed through mid-October. The detour is SR 11 north to Seven Hills Road to SR 11 south to I-90.
- The I-90 eastbound ramp to SR 11 northbound is closed through mid-October. The detour is SR 11 south to SR 46 to SR 11 north to I-90.
- I-90 between SR 45 and SR 11 has various daily lane restrictions for roadway construction.
- The Western Reserve Greenway Trail under I-90 will have daily closures for construction work. A bike detour is posted.
*New* Ontario St under I-90 in downtown Cleveland will close each night Monday, July 28 through Thursday, July 31 between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Crews are removing steel overhead. Closure times will be adjusted to minimize impacts to downtown traffic during events. Drivers will be detoured via E. 9th St.
Ridge Rd closed between Valley Pkwy and Akins Rd in North Royalton due to construction. The road will be closed through mid-August. State Rd is a detour option.
The SR-2 EB ramp to Edgewater Park is closed through November due to the Ohio Department of Transportation's West 73rd Street Extension project. ODOT is constructing the ramp on a new alignment.The detour for the exit ramp closure is SR-2 EB to the West 45th Street exit ramp to Detroit Avenue to West 49th Street to Herman Avenue to SR-2 WB.
Eddy Road entrance ramp to I-90 EB closing Wednesday, July 9 at approximately 7 p.m. The ramp will remain closed until late-October as crews work to rebuild the ramp.
Motorists will be detoured via I-90 westbound to East 55th Street to I-90 eastbound.
The I-90 eastbound exit ramp to Eddy Road remains closed until early-August. Motorists are detoured via I-90 eastbound to East 152nd Street to I-90 westbound to Eddy Road.
Both the I-90 eastbound exit and entrance ramps at Eddy Road will be closed simultaneously for approximately one month, until I-90 eastbound exit ramp reopens in early-August.
Traffic on Eddy Road over I-90 will be maintained with one lane in each direction until the project is completed in fall 2014.
Broadway Avenue closed to westbound traffic at Union Avenue in Cleveland. The closure will last until early August. Crews are improving the intersection. Traffic will be detoured East 65th Street to Bessemer Avenue to Broadway. Union Road is back open to eastbound traffic at Broadway Avenue. Two-way traffic is maintained on Union Avenue.
Pettibone Rd. eastbound is closed in Glenwillow between Diamond Parkway and the Solon border. Detours are posted in the area. Drivers can head north on Cochran Rd., east on Solon Rd. and south on Som Center Rd. Som Center Rd. will put drivers back at Pettibone Rd. Drivers can also take Solon Rd. to Aurora Rd. to Som Center Rd. back to Pettibone. The closure is due to the Pettibone Rd. reconstruction project. The eastbound lanes of Pettibone will be closed for 65 days starting June 13.
Triskett Rd reduced to one-way eastbound only traffic between Berea Road and W. 117th St. The detour for drivers who want to head west is W. 117th St SB to Lorain Ave WB to Berea Rd NB. Work is being done on the south side of Triskett Rd until August 2014.
More information about the Triskett/Warren Road Reconstruction Project can be found here.
Waterloo Rd in Cleveland: Waterloo Road is back open to westbound traffic. It is closed to eastbound traffic between E. 152nd Street and E. 162nd St for road resurfacing. Eastbound motorists will be detoured via E. 152nd St., Lucknow Ave, E. 156th St, Trafalgar Ave and E. 163rd St. back to Waterloo Rd.
E. 156th St in Cleveland: E. 156th St will only be open to southbound traffic due to road resurfacing. All northbound traffic will be detoured via Calcutta Ave, Waterloo Rd, E. 152nd St and Lucknow Ave back to E. 156th St.
I-77 Construction in Independence: If you are one of the 140,000 cars Ohio Department of Transportation officials say travel the I-77/I-480 interchange a day; remember there are changes to your drive.
Additionally, the I-480 WB ramp to I-77 NB and the I-77 SB ramp to I-480 EB are both reduced to one lane. The speed limit is reduced to 50 mph on both I-77 NB/SB between I-480 and SR-21. Canal Rd to SR-21 NB to I-77 NB is an additional detour around this construction.
LONG-TERM CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
- Denison Ave eastbound is closed due to construction work between Ridge Rd and the Jennings Freeway. Clark Ave is a detour.
- Two southbound lanes of E. 9th St at Euclid Ave in downtown Cleveland are closed due to building rehabilitation in the area. One lane of traffic is maintained. The work goes until Aug. 2014. At that time, two southbound lanes will open until the completion of the project in 2015.
- Broadway Ave. exit ramp from I-90 E is permanently closed. Use I-490 E to the Broadway Ave. exit.
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St to I-90 W
- On-ramp closed: E. 21 St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 30th St./Woodland to I-77 N
- On-ramp closed: W. 14th St. on-ramp to I-90 E toward downtown. Detour: To downtown use Abbey to Lorain-Carnegie. To I-90 E take Professor to Starkweather to W. 7th, then to I-490 E to I-77 N.
- Off-ramp closed: I-490 W to I-77 N
- I-71 N at the Jennings, reduced to one lane.
- Off-ramps from I-90 E to both Carnegie Ave. and E. 22nd closed. Access these exits using I-490 E to I-77 N
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Eddy Rd.
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Ontario
- W. 25th St. entrance ramp to I-71 N is closed
SR-535 Temporary lane closures: SR-535 will have temporary lane closures starting Monday, April 7. Crews are implementing new traffic configurations for bridge deck replacement.
SR-3, one-half-mile north of State Route 606 in Hinckley Township, closed until the end of August for a slide repair and culvert replacement project. The detour route for northbound motorists is SR 3 to SR 606, northeast on SR 606 to State Route 303, west on SR 303, and reverse for southbound drivers.
State Route 303 is closed between State Road and the Summit County line due to a culvert replacement project. The detour for eastbound drivers is SR-303 to SR-94, south on SR-94 to I-271 NB to SR-176 back to SR-303. The detour is reversed for westbound drivers.
I-71, from the Wayne County line to just south of SR 18 (between mile markers 200 and 218), will have single lane closures through early August 2014 for spot patching pavement repairs. Drivers should expect slower moving traffic in the area.
I-76, from State Route 57 to the Summit County line, has single lane restrictions for cable rail installation within the median. This work is part of the I-76 rehabilitation project. Use caution in this area. Watch for slower moving traffic. The project is expected to be completed in mid-August 2014.
The Remsen Road bridge over I-71 in Media is closed due to a bridge rehabilitation project. The bridge will be closed through September 2014. Drivers are encouraged to use Weymouth Rd, Ledge Rd and Ridge Rd as alternate routes around the closure.
Sleepy Hollow Road at its bridge over I-71 in Brunswick Township is closed through October for bridge rehabilitation. Drivers are encouraged to us Route 42, SR-303 and County Road 17 around the closure.
*New* US 224 between SR 14 and the Mahoning County line will be closed starting Friday, August 1. The road is not expected to reopen until 6 a.m. Monday, August 4. The closure is due to a planned culvert replacement. The detour is SR 14 to SR 534.
Road Resurfacing causing various lane restrictions through mid-October 2014
- SR-43 will have various lane restrictions between the northern Kent Corporation limit and the southern Streetsboro Corporation limit. All traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- SR-59 in Ravenna will have various daily lane restrictions between Menough Rd and S. Scranton St.
- SR-261 between the eastern Kent corporation limit and SR-59 will have various daily lane restrictions for road resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- SR-82 from just east of Sheldon Rd. to the Trumbull County line has various daily lane restrictions for road resurfacing.
*New* Freeway Drive between Ledge Rd and I-271 in Macedonia will have various deaily lance closures between Tuesday July, 29 and Friday, August 1.
*New* I-271 NB/SB between SR-8 and the Cuyahgoa County line will have various nightly lane restrictions between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Wednesday, July 30 through Friday, August 1 for survey work.
I-480 EB exit ramp to SR-82 will be closed through the end of July for wall repairs. The detour is I-480 EB to SR 91 to I-480 WB back to SR 82. Drivers can also take I-480 EB to SR-91 NB to SR-82.
The I-271 NB exit ramp to SR 303 closed in Richfield until further notice for reconstruction work. The closure starts at 7:00 a.m. Monday, July 7. The detour will be I-271 NB to SR-8 SB to SR-303.
The SR-303 entrance ramp to I-271 NB in Richfield closed until further notice for reconstruction work. The detour is SR-303 to Brecksville Rd to Wheatley Rd.
Akron Cleveland Rd just south of SR 303 in Boston Township reduced to one lane in each direction. Crews are replacing the Akron Cleveland Rd bridge over the Hike and Bike Trail between SR 303 and Barlow Rd. The project is expected to be completed in July 2015.
Merriman Rd closed at Monmouth Dr in Akron for the emergency repair of a culvert pipe across Merriman Rd. Local access only. All other drivers will be detoured N. Portage Path and Memorial Parkway.
State St between Wooster Rd and Elmwood Ave will have various daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. The restrictions will be in place until late August.
Graham Rd Construction Project in Stow: Graham Rd over SR-8 is reduced to one lane in Stow through late August. Workers are replacing concrete pavement in the area.
I-77 lane restrictions: Expect nightly lane closures of I-77 NB and SB between Waterloo Rd and the Central Interchange due to paving operations. Here are the details:
- I-77 will be reduced to two lanes in each direction from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- I-77 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
State Road NB between Cochran Rd and Graham Rd in Cuyahoga Falls will have daily lane closures as crews widen State Rd. The project is scheduled to be completed by July 2015.
North Firestone Blvd construction project (Akron): North Firestone Blvd is closed between Firestone Pky and South Main due to road construction. The road will be closed until late August.
State Route 8 and I-271 in Macedonia: The SR-8 NB ramp to I-271 NB will have various nightly lane restrictions Sunday through Thursday nights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews are installing a noise wall in the area.
State Route 59: SR-59 WB (Akron Innerbelt) is reduced to one lane between I-76 and N. Main St. for resurfacing. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 2014.
I-271 in Richfield Village and Richfield Township:
- SR 303 over I-271 is restricted to one lane in each direction through early December due to bridge work.
- SR-176/Broadview Rd. over I-271 is closed through early September for a bridge replacement. The detour is Brecksville Rd and SR 303.
- I-271 between Broadview Rd and the Ohio Turnpike will have various lane restrictions during non-peak travel hours for roadway construction. Crews are reconstructing the pavement along I-271 from Broadview Rd to the Ohio Turnpike. The entire project is expected to be completed by late July 2017. There is also a bi-directional traffic pattern in place on I-271 NB between I-77 and the Ohio Turnpike. One northbound lane is crossed over onto I-271 SB while the second lane remains on I-271 NB. Two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction.
*New* The following ramps are closed through Wednesday, July 30
- Beeson St entrance ramp to US 62 eastbound. The detour is Beeson St to Ely St. to Union Ave.
- The US 62 WB exit ramp to Beeston St. The detour is US 62 westbound to SR 172 to US 62 eastbound.
*New* The US 62 EB exit ramp to Beeson St will be closed through mid-August for repairs. The closure starts Wednesday, July 30. The detour is US 62 EB to SR 225 to US 62 WB
*New* The Beeson St entrance ramp to US 62 WB will be closed through mid-August for repairs. The closure starts Wednesday, July 30. The detour is Beeson St. to Sawmill St. to SR 172.
Drivers on I-77 SB between Fohl Rd and the Tuscaraws County line should expect delays due to a bi-directional traffic pattern. Two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-77. Southbound traffic will be split with one lane of southbound traffic crossing over onto I-77 NB. This traffic pattern will be in place until October. ODOT is resurfacing I-77 from SR-800 to the Tuscarawas County line.
*New* Starting, Monday, July 28, Main St between SR 5 and Walnut St in the city of Cortland will be closed through early December for a bridge replacement. The detour is High St to Fowler Rd. to Ridge St.
*New* Beginning Monday, July 28, SR 7 between Milligan East Rd and Bradley Brownlee Rd will be closed through Monday, August 4 for a culvert replacement. The detour is SR 88 to SR 193 to SR 305.
*New* SR 94 will close in two locations between US Route 30 and State Route 241 on Monday, July 28 for two culvert replacements. The first location is between Jericho Road and Baumgartner Rd. The second location is just north of Withrich Road. The detour route for southbound drivers is SR 94 to US 30, east on US 30 to SR 241, south on SR 241 to SR 94, and reverse for northbound motorists. The road is expected to reopen on August 15, 2014.