The WKYC Traffic Team is keeping track of all the incidents impacting your drive. Keep checking back throughout the morning rush for updates.
Ridge Rd between Biddulph and W. 66th St is closed through noon today due to construction. Fulton Rd is a detour option.
7:45 a.m. -- Accident blocking two WB lanes on the Ohio Turnpike in Mantua. Traffic only getting by in the right lane.
Accident on the Jennings Freeway (176) NB at I-90. Ramp restrictions to I-90 WB from SR-176.
7:30 a.m. -- Multiple accidents reported in Summit County
- Accident on Rt-59 EB at N. Main St. in Akron. Reported by police at 7:16 a.m.
- Accident on I-77 SB at Vernon Odem Blvd in Akron. Reported by police at 7:16 a.m.
- Accident on S. Broadway St at East Bowery St in Akron. Reported by police at 7:16 a.m.
- Accident on I-76 EB at Rt-59 in Akron. Reported by police at 7:16 a.m.
6:45 a.m. -- Broken down truck on I-77 NB approaching E. 30th/Woodland Ave. No delays due to this closure.
Accident on Russel Ave at Laurel Ave in Akron. Accident reported at 6:33 a.m. No closures. Use caution in the area.
6:09 a.m. -- Flipped semi on US-30 WB in Mansfield was carrying gravel. The gravel spilled all over the road. The right lane is closed. The clean up expected to last until about 7:30 a.m. Expect delays.
Accident reported at 5:51 a.m. on E. Tallmadge Ave at N. Howard St in Akron. Be careful.
5:36 a.m. -- One lane is back open on W. 117th St and Lorain Ave in Cleveland. Firefighters are battling a serious fire in the area.
No major delays.
5:00 a.m. -- Accident on US-30 WB after I-71 in Mansfield. A semi truck is on its side one mile west of I-71.
Slow traffic on I-480 WB approaching the Ohio Turnpike in North Ridgeville. It's adding about two minutes to your drive.
SR 534 closed between Meade Hollow Rd. and Summers Rd. for a culvert replacement. The road is expected to be closed until Thursday, July 17. The detour is US-322 to SR 45 to US 6.
Jefferson Rd. over I-90 closed through late September for a bridge replacement. The detour is State Rd. to Seven Hills Rd.
SR 531 closed between Myers Rd and Nineveh Rd through early October for roadway widening and resurfacing. The detour is SR 45 to US 20 to SR 534.
SR 46 closed one mile north of US 6 between Sirrine Rd. and Tompkins Rd for a culvert replacement. The detour is US 6 to SR 11 to SR 307. The project is expected to be completed by October 2014.
- SR 11 is reduced to one lane in each direction over I-90 via a crossover traffic pattern.
- The SR 11 northbound ramp to I-90 westbound is closed through mid-October. The detour is SR 11 north to Seven Hills Road to SR 11 south to I-90.
- The I-90 eastbound ramp to SR 11 northbound is closed through mid-October. The detour is SR 11 south to SR 46 to SR 11 north to I-90.
- I-90 between SR 45 and SR 11 has various daily lane restrictions for roadway construction.
- Chapel Rd. over I-90 between Clay St. and Austinburg Rd. is closed through late June 2014 for a bridge replacement. The detour is Clay St. to SR 45 to Austinburg Rd.
- The Western Reserve Greenway Trail under I-90 will have daily closures for construction work. A bike detour is posted.
Chagrin Blvd remains closed between Lynnfield Rd and Warrensville Center Rd in Shaker Hts. The closure is due to a water main break. Eastbound traffic on Chagrin is being diverted to Van Aken Blvd. Westbound traffic is being detoured to Warrensville Center Rd. The road is expected to reopen early Thursday afternoon on July 3.
SR-58 Closed: SR-58, between Township Rd. 673 and County Rd. 601 is closed for a culvert replacement. The detour is SR-58 to SR-302 EB to SR-89 NB to SR-58 for northbound drivers. It is reverse for southbound motorists. The road is expected to reopen July 3, 2014.
*New* Ridge Rd between Biddulph and W. 66th St is closed through noon today due to construction. Fulton Rd is a detour option.
*New* Bradley Rd SB closed between Cedarwood Dr and Detroit Rd in Westlake. The road will be closed for the next 7 to 10 days due to a road widening project. The detour is Cedarwood Dr to Detroit Rd.
Ridge Rd closed between Valley Pkwy and Akins Rd in North Royalton due to construction. The road will be closed through mid-August. State Rd is a detour option.
The SR-2 EB ramp to Edgewater Park is closed through November due to the Ohio Department of Transportation's West 73rd Street Extension project. ODOT is constructing the ramp on a new alignment.The detour for the exit ramp closure is SR-2 EB to the West 45th Street exit ramp to Detroit Avenue to West 49th Street to Herman Avenue to SR-2 WB.
Eddy Road entrance ramp to I-90 EB closing Wednesday, July 9 at approximately 7 p.m. The ramp will remain closed until late-October as crews work to rebuild the ramp.
Motorists will be detoured via I-90 westbound to East 55th Street to I-90 eastbound.
The I-90 eastbound exit ramp to Eddy Road remains closed until early-August. Motorists are detoured via I-90 eastbound to East 152nd Street to I-90 westbound to Eddy Road.
Both the I-90 eastbound exit and entrance ramps at Eddy Road will be closed simultaneously for approximately one month, until I-90 eastbound exit ramp reopens in early-August.
Traffic on Eddy Road over I-90 will be maintained with one lane in each direction until the project is complete in fall 2014.
E 22nd St Resurfacing: Crews will work to resurface E 22nd Street between Orange and Carnegie Avenues beginning Thursday, July 10. The work is expected to wrap-up Wednesday, July 16 at approximately 6 a.m. At least one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times.
The West 74th St and Wakefield Avenue entrance ramp will be closed until approximately Monday, July 21 as crews work to reconstruct the West 74th St. bridge over GCRTA and Norfolk Southern. The detour is Franklin Ave to West 73rd St to Wakefield Avenue.
Broadway Avenue closed to westbound traffic at Union Avenue in Cleveland. The closure will last until early August. Crews are improving the intersection. Traffic will be detoured East 65th Street to Bessemer Avenue to Broadway. Union Road is back open to eastbound traffic at Broadway Avenue. Two-way traffic is maintained on Union Avenue.
E. 9th St. northbound will be closed daily at Prospect Avenue in downtown Cleveland between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m. The closure is due to county construction work. The work is expected to be completed by July 4. E. 14th St. is a detour option.
Pettibone Rd. eastbound is closed in Glenwillow between Diamond Parkway and the Solon border. Detours are posted in the area. Drivers can head north on Cochran Rd., east on Solon Rd. and south on Som Center Rd. Som Center Rd. will put drivers back at Pettibone Rd. Drivers can also take Solon Rd. to Aurora Rd. to Som Center Rd. back to Pettibone. The closure is due to the Pettibone Rd. reconstruction project. The eastbound lanes of Pettibone will be closed for 65 days starting June 13.
Triskett Rd reduced to one-way eastbound only traffic between Berea Road and W. 117th St. The detour for drivers who want to head west is W. 117th St SB to Lorain Ave WB to Berea Rd NB. Work is being done on the south side of Triskett Rd until August 2014.
Ackley Road Closure: Ackley Road at Broadway Avenue in Cleveland is closed until mid-June. Construction crews are reconstructing the Braodway/Ackley/Union intersection. Drivers will be detoured via East 65th Street and Kenyon Avenue.
I-90 on Cleveland's west side: The right lane of I-90 EB at Berea Road in Cleveland is closed and is expected to remain closed until early May. The Ohio Department of Transportation is repairing an existing retaining wall in the area.
I-71 lane closures: Construction crews will close one lane of I-71 southbound between Ridge Road and I-480 from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m. in order to perform guardrail repairs. These closures will last through mid-May.
I-480 Construction: The I-480 east and westbound exit ramps to Tiedeman Road in Parma will be narrower starting Tuesday, March 25th. Construction crews are working to widen the exit ramps. Two lanes will be maintained during the construction but the lane widths will be reduced.
Cleveland Heights Mayfield Rd Construction: Mayfield Rd between Coventry Road and Forest Hills Boulevard is down to just one lane in each direction. Crews are working to resurface the road. To avoid delays, consider taking an alternate route. Euclid Avenue is an option. The project is expected to last until June 30, 2014.
Waterloo Rd in Cleveland: Waterloo Road is back open to westbound traffic. It is closed to eastbound traffic between E. 152nd Street and E. 162nd St for road resurfacing. Eastbound motorists will be detoured via E. 152nd St., Lucknow Ave, E. 156th St, Trafalgar Ave and E. 163rd St. back to Waterloo Rd.
E. 156th St in Cleveland: E. 156th St will only be open to southbound traffic due to road resurfacing. All northbound traffic will be detoured via Calcutta Ave, Waterloo Rd, E. 152nd St and Lucknow Ave back to E. 156th St.
I-77 Construction in Independence: If you are one of the 140,000 cars Ohio Department of Transportation officials say travel the I-77/I-480 interchange a day; remember there are changes to your drive.
Additionally, the I-480 WB ramp to I-77 NB and the I-77 SB ramp to I-480 EB are both reduced to one lane. The speed limit is reduced to 50 mph on both I-77 NB/SB between I-480 and SR-21. Canal Rd to SR-21 NB to I-77 NB is an additional detour around this construction.
US-422 Construction: Ohio Department of Transportation crews will close one lane of U.S. 422 east and westbound between SR 306 and SR 44 to reconfigure traffic. Crews are preparing for major pavement rehabilitation on U.S. 422. The lane closure is expected to last until mid-April.
SR-535 Temporary lane closures: SR-535 will have temporary lane closures starting Monday, April 7. Crews are implementing new traffic configurations for bridge deck replacement.
SR-301 Closure: SR-301, south of State Route 303, in the village of Lagrange, is closed until Saturday, May 24 for railroad crossing repair work. The detour for northbound drivers is SR-301 to Railroad Street, northeast on Railroad Street to SR-303, west on SR-303 to SR-301, and reverse for southbound motorists.
SR 94, south of SR 18, closed in Sharon Township for a culvert replacement. The detour for northbound motorists is SR 94 to SR 162, east on SR 162 to SR 21, north on SR 21/Interstate 77 to SR 18, west on SR 18 to SR 94, and reverse for southbound motorists. The road is expected to reopen Thursday, July 10.
SR-3, one-half-mile north of State Route 606 in Hinckley Township, closed until the end of August for a slide repair and culvert replacement project. The detour route for northbound motorists is SR 3 to SR 606, northeast on SR 606 to State Route 303, west on SR 303, and reverse for southbound drivers.
SR-94, one-quarter-mile south of SR-18 in Sharon Township closed until Tuesday, July 1 for a culvert replacement.
- Detour: SR 94 to State Route 162, east on SR 162 to SR 21, north on SR 21/Interstate 77 to SR 18, west on SR 18 to SR 94, and reverse for southbound drivers.
State Route 303 is closed between State Road and the Summit County line due to a culvert replacement project. The detour for eastbound drivers is SR-303 to SR-94, south on SR-94 to I-271 NB to SR-176 back to SR-303. The detour is reversed for westbound drivers.
I-76, from State Route 57 to the Summit County line, has single lane restrictions for cable rail installation within the median. This work is part of the I-76 rehabilitation project. Use caution in this area. Watch for slower moving traffic as it merges in to the open lane. The project is expected to be completed in July 2014.
The Remsen Road bridge over I-71 in Media is closed due to a bridge rehabilitation project. The bridge will be closed through September 2014. Drivers are encouraged to use Weymouth Rd, Ledge Rd and Ridge Rd as alternate routes around the closure.
Sleepy Hollow Road at its bridge over I-71 in Brunswick Township is closed through October for bridge rehabilitation. Drivers are encouraged to us Route 42, SR-303 and County Road 17 around the closure.
Rock Springs Rd. Bridge Project: Rock Springs Rd over the West Branch Reservoir between SR 5 and Cable Line Rd is closed through June for bridge repairs. The detour is SR 5 to SR 59 to SR 14 to Booth Rd. Access to the campground, northwest boat dock and biking trails are maintained.
Road Resurfacing causing various lane restrictions through mid-October 2014
- SR-43 will have various lane restrictions between the northern Kent Corporation limit and the southern Streetsboro Corporation limit. All traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- SR-59 in Ravenna will have various daily lane restrictions between Menough Rd and S. Scranton St.
- SR-261 between the eastern Kent corporation limit and SR-59 will have various daily lane restrictions for road resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
- SR-82 from just east of Sheldon Rd. to the Trumbull County line has various daily lane restrictions for road resurfacing.
- SR 225 at SR 5 in Paris Township will be closed through Friday, May 9 for railroad crossing repairs. The detour is SR-5 to SR-14 to I-76.
*New* Lane restrictions on Portage Trail near Riverfront Mall in Cuyahoga Falls. The road will be reduced to one lane in each direction between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 25. Crews are working on a crosswalk connecting Riverfront Mall on either side of Portage Trail. Access to all businesses will be maintained. Expect delays. Broad Blvd runs parallel to Portage Trail. You can use Broad to avoid anticipated delays.
I-480 EB exit ramp to SR-82 will be closed through the end of July for wall repairs. The detour is I-480 EB to SR 91 to I-480 WB back to SR 82. Drivers can also take I-480 EB to SR-91 NB to SR-82.
The I-271 NB exit ramp to SR 303 closed in Richfield until further notice for reconstruction work. The closure starts at 7:00 a.m. Monday, July 7. The detour will be I-271 NB to SR-8 SB to SR-303.
*New* The SR-303 entrance ramp to I-271 NB in Richfield closed until further notice for reconstruction work. The closure starts at 7:00 a.m. Monday, July 7. The detour is SR-303 to Brecksville Rd to Wheatley Rd.
Akron Cleveland Rd just south of SR 303 in Boston Township reduced to one lane in each direction. Crews are replacing the Akron Cleveland Rd bridge over the Hike and Bike Trail between SR 303 and Barlow Rd. The project is expected to be completed in July 2015.
Merriman Rd closed at Monmouth Dr in Akron for the emergency repair of a culvert pipe across Merriman Rd. Local access only. All other drivers will be detoured N. Portage Path and Memorial Parkway.
Cole Ave over I-77 in Akron closed through Tuesday, July 1 for bridge repairs.
- Westbound detours: Coventry St. to Lovers Lane to Burkhardt St.
- Eastbound detours: Burkhardt St. to Archwood Ave. to Coventry St.
State St between Wooster Rd and Elmwood Ave will have various daily lane restrictions for resurfacing. The restrictions will be in place until late August.
Graham Rd Construction Project in Stow: Graham Rd over SR-8 is reduced to one lane in Stow through late August. Workers are replacing concrete pavement in the area.
I-77 lane restrictions: Expect nightly lane closures of I-77 NB and SB between Waterloo Rd and the Central Interchange due to paving operations. Here are the details:
- I-77 will be reduced to two lanes in each direction from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- I-77 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
State Road NB between Cochran Rd and Graham Rd in Cuyahoga Falls will have daily lane closures as crews widen State Rd. The project is scheduled to be completed by July 2015.
North Firestone Blvd construction project (Akron): North Firestone Blvd is closed between Firestone Pky and South Main due to road construction. The road will be closed until late August.
State Route 8 and I-271 in Macedonia: The SR-8 NB ramp to I-271 NB will have various nightly lane restrictions Sunday through Thursday nights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews are installing a noise wall in the area.
State Route 59: SR-59 WB (Akron Innerbelt) is reduced to one lane between I-76 and N. Main St. for resurfacing. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 2014.
Summit Rd bridge and Clark Mill Rd bridge replacement: Summit Rd over I-76 is closed through early July for a bridge replacement project. The detour is Barber Rd to Norton Ave. to Wooster Rd. The project is expected to be completed by October 2014.
I-271 in Richfield Village and Richfield Township:
- SR 303 over I-271 is restricted to one lane in each direction through early December due to bridge work.
- SR-176/Broadview Rd. over I-271 is closed through early September for a bridge replacement. the detour is Brecksville Rd and SR 303.
- I-271 between Broadview Rd and the Ohio Turnpike will have various lane restrictions during non-peak travel hours for roadway construction. Crews are reconstructing the pavement along I-271 from Broadview Rd to the Ohio Turnpike. The entire project is expected to be completed by late July 2017. There is also a bi-directional traffic pattern in place on I-271 NB between I-77 and the Ohio Turnpike. One northbound lane is crossed over onto I-271 SB while the second lane remains on I-271 NB. Two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction.
*New* US-30 closed between Rosehill St. and Robertsville Ave in Paris Township for culvert replacements. The road is expected to reopen Monday, July 28. The detour is SR 183 to SR 172.
SR 225 between Coalbank St. and Armor St is closed through Monday, June 30 for a culvert replacement. The detour is SR 183 to US 224.
Drivers on I-77 SB between Fohl Rd and the Tuscaraws County line should expect delays due to a bi-directional traffic pattern. Two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-77. Southbound traffic will be split with one lane of southbound traffic crossing over onto I-77 NB. This traffic pattern will be in place until October. ODOT is resurfacing I-77 from SR-800 to the Tuscarawas County line.
LONG-TERM CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
- Denison Ave eastbound is closed due to construction work between Ridge Rd and the Jennings Freeway. Clark Ave is a detour.
- Kinsman Township -- Mayburn Corners Barclay Rd. over Sugar Creek between SR 5 and Burnett East Rd. will be closed through late June 2014 for a bridge replacement. The detour is Burnett East Rd. to SR 5.
- Two southbound lanes of E. 9th St at Euclid Ave in downtown Cleveland are closed due to building rehabilitation in the area. One lane of traffic is maintained. The work goes until Aug. 2014. At that time, two southbound lanes will open until the completion of the project in 2015.
- Broadway Ave. exit ramp from I-90 E is permanently closed. Use I-490 E to the Broadway Ave. exit.
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 14th St to I-90 W
- On-ramp closed: E. 21 St. to I-77 S
- On-ramp closed: E. 30th St./Woodland to I-77 N
- On-ramp closed: W. 14th St. on-ramp to I-90 E toward downtown. Detour: To downtown use Abbey to Lorain-Carnegie. To I-90 E take Professor to Starkweather to W. 7th, then to I-490 E to I-77 N.
- Off-ramp closed: I-490 W to I-77 NI-71 N at the Jennings, reduced to one lane.
- Off-ramps from I-90 E to both Carnegie Ave. and E. 22nd closed. Access these exits using I-490 E to I-77 N
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Eddy Rd.
- Off-ramp closed: I-90 E to Ontario
- W. 25th St. entrance ramp to I-71 N is closed