1 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

DETROIT -- A 23-year-old ex-con has been ordered to stand trial in the kidnapping and torture of a Detroit woman who was beaten and burned with a blowtorch.

A preliminary examination was held Friday for Roderick Neely who also is charged with attempted rape and possessing a firearm.

A 43-year-old woman testified in 36th District Court that a man with a gun forced her into a car as she left a gas station.

The woman said her attacker repeatedly punched her in the face, knocking her out. When she awoke, the woman said her clothing was off and he was burning her feet with a blowtorch.

She escaped after hitting him in the eye with a screwdriver. Police say Neely is a suspect in two similar attacks last year.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wkyc.com/1b4KRWR