The seven-game slate also includes three games at Quicken Loans Arena
CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers today released their 2014 preseason schedule, which is highlighted by the NBA's second game ever in South America.
The Cavs will take on 2014 Eastern Conference Champion Miami Heat on Oct. 11 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao will play an NBA game in front of his countrymen for the first time as part of this year's NBA Global Games.
The Cavs will compete in two regional home contests in Ohio against a pair of Central Division opponents. The Indiana Pacers will arrive in Cincinnati for a matchup with the Cavs at the Cintas Center on Oct. 15. Cleveland will square off with the Chicago Bulls at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus on Oct. 20.
The seven-game slate also includes three games at Quicken Loans Arena where the team will host head coach David Blatt's former club and Israeli-league power Maccabi Tel Aviv on Oct. 5, the Milwaukee Bucks on Oct. 14 and the Dallas Mavericks on Oct. 17.
In their preseason finale, the Cavaliers will travel to Memphis to face the Grizzlies on Oct. 22.
Ticket sales information, as well as game broadcast details, will be released at a later date.
2014 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
- Sunday, Oct. 5, vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) at Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 11, vs. Miami Heat at HSBC Arena (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)^ TBA
- Tuesday, Oct. 14, vs. Milwaukee Bucks at Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15, vs. Indiana Pacers at Cintas Center, Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH)* 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 17, vs. Dallas Mavericks at Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH) 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 20, vs. Chicago Bulls at Schottenstein Center, Ohio State (Columbus, OH)* 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 22, at Memphis Grizzlies at FedExForum (Memphis, TN) 8 p.m.
* Denotes Cavaliers home game at neutral site
^ Denotes NBA Global game