It's been quite a journey for Browns fans over the last 18 months. Below is a look at some of the key developments since Jimmy Haslam bought the team in 2012.
We've compiled some key dates in what has been a very busy year-and-a-half for the Browns. Check out the interactive timeline below or read through the dates compiled chronologically.
List of Key Dates for Browns Front Office Since 2012
- April 26, 2012: Browns draft RB Trent Richardson, QB Brandon Weeden in 1st round of NFL Draft.
- Aug. 2, 2012: Randy Lerner reaches deal to sell Browns to Jimmy Haslam
- Oct. 16, 2012: Jimmy Haslam purchase of Browns for $1 billion approved by the league
- October 17, 2012: Joe Banner named Browns CEO; Team President Mike Holmgren announces he will retire.
- Oct. 22, 2012: Sale of Browns to Jimmy Haslam closes
- Dec. 18, 2012: Alec Scheiner hired as team president
- Dec. 31, 2012: GM Tom Heckert, Head Coach Pat Shurmur fired
- Jan. 10, 2013: Rob Chudzinski hired as Browns head coach
- Jan. 18, 2013: Michael Lombardi hired as Browns VP of Player Personnel
- Feb. 11, 2013: Jimmy Haslam returns to help Pilot Flying J
- Mar. 4, 2013: Mike Lombardi named GM
- Mar. 5, 2013: Ray Farmer hired as Assistant GM
- April 15, 2013: FBI raids headquarters of Haslam's Pilot Flying J in Knoxville
- Sept. 18, 2013: Browns trade RB Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round draft pick
- Dec. 29, 2013: Browns fire Head Coach Rob Chudzinski
- Jan. 23, 2014: Browns hire Mike Pettine as new head coach
- Feb. 11, 2014: Mike Lombardi fired as GM, Ray Farmer promoted to job
- Feb. 11, 2014: Browns announce Joe Banner out as team CEO