Did the whirling winds wake you up?
Some of you tumbled out of your slumber to find Mother Nature had knocked out your electricity.
FirstEnergy was reporting several thousand customers without power early Tuesday but that number is diminishing.
The Cleveland Metropolitan Schools were forced to close East Clark Elementary and Collinwood High School on Tuesday because of the power outage.
Here’s a breakdown of the outage numbers as of 1:45 p.m.
- Ashtabula County: 19 outages (down from 1,542) -- Most impacted area is Conneaut.
- Cuyahoga County: 569 outages (down from 1,707) -- Most impacted area is Cleveland.
- Lake County: 758 outages (down from 2,578) -- Most impacted area is Mentor.
- Medina County: 5 outages (down from 758) -- Most impacted area is Brunswick Hills Township.
- Summit County: 5 outages (down from 351) -- Most impacted area is Akron.
We will update the outage information throughout the afternoon.
© 2017 WKYC-TV