One of Ohio's most popular attractions is about to become one of its biggest summer job creators as well, as Cedar Point announced Thursday it is looking to hire more than 5,000 "Thrillmakers" for its upcoming 149th season.
The park will also increase its summer job and internship wages to between $9.25 and $12.50 an hour, with positions including ride operations, food and beverage, merchandise, parking, ans security, just to name a few. Benefits also include:
- Free access to Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark all summer
- Free tickets for family and friends to use throughout the summer
- Free access to additional Cedar Fair parks across the country
- Discounts on merchandise and food
- Bus trips to regional destinations like Kings Island, Chicago and Niagara Falls
- Exclusive ride nights – a chance to experience the park’s biggest rides after hours
- Themed parties and events all summer
- Updated on-site housing for those who qualify
Potential applicants will be able to attend two upcoming job fairs at Castaway Bay in Sandusky on both Mar. 22 (4-7 p.m.) and Apr. 8 (2-5 p.m.), where hiring managers from all departments will be on hand to conduct interviews. Candidates can also apply online at cedarpoint.com/jobs.