BEREA, Ohio — The annual Berea National Rib Cook-Off and Beer Fest is returning this weekend!
The event is taking place at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds beginning Friday, May 26, and running until Monday, May 29.
During the event, 12 rib teams from across America will compete for the titles of Best Ribs, Best Sauce and People's Choice. The event features something for everyone in the family, from delicious food to entertainment, to activities for children, including a rock climbing wall and an inflatable bounce house.
On Saturday, Nathan's Famous will be making a stop at the cook-off for a qualifying event with a spot in Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. The top male and female will get a ticket to the July 4 championship.
Below is everything you need to know about the food-filled festival:
- Friday, May 26: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, May 27: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, May 28: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday, May 29: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kids 12 and under: Free
- Admission before 5 p.m. on Friday: Free
- Adult admission: $10
- Retired and active military personnel presenting a military ID will be admitted for free on Monday
- Parking: Free
- After Hours BBQ
- BG's Old Town BBQ
- Blazin' Broncos
- Johnson's Bar-b-que
- Malloy's BBQ
- Mojo's Famous BBQ
- Pigfoot BBQ
- Porky Chicks BBQ
- Smokin' T's
- Swine BBQ
- Wright's Hickory Smoked Ribs
The full entertainment schedule can be found HERE.