LOS ANGELES — Star Wars day comes with a special surprise this year!
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the final film in the intergalactic saga, is now available for streaming on Disney Plus as of Monday, May 4.
Fans had been predicting a May 4 release of the film for quite some time, and Disney confirmed the news Monday morning.
The film's streaming release comes about a month after it was unleashed on Blu-ray and DVD back on March 31.
"May the 4th be with you," which had been a simple play on the series' iconic phrase -- "May the force be with you" -- has transformed into a phenomenon where film fans celebrate all things Star Wars every May 4.
May 4 also brings more Star Wars to Disney+ as the streaming services unleashes an eight-piece documentary on the making of The Mandalorian spinoff series.
Watch a trailer for The Mandalorian documentary series below:
Editors' note: The video at the top of this story was originally published in December 2019.
- RELATED: Disney World lights up Cinderella's Castle in blue to thank health care workers
- RELATED: ‘Onward’ released on Disney Plus early: Stream the new Pixar movie today
- RELATED: Everything coming and leaving Netflix in May 2020
- RELATED: ‘Full House’ cast recreates show’s opening sequence with characters living in quarantine: Watch
- RELATED: 'Netflix Party' lets friends watch TV together while social distancing: Here's how it works