CLEVELAND — Editor's note: Video in the player at the top of this story was originally published in a previous article as the 2022 Rock Hall induction nominees were first announced on Feb. 2, 2022.
With just a few days left before voting ends in the 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction fan ballot, Duran Duran maintains their strong lead.
They've held the top spot for more than two months, pulling ahead of Eminem early in the fan voting process. The fan ballot, which has now surpassed 5 million total votes since opening on Feb. 2, closes on Friday, April 29 – so get your vote counted HERE.
RELATED: Snubbed again: Dave Matthews Band not included in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2022 induction nominees despite previously topping fan ballot
So where does each of this year's 17 Rock Hall induction nominees stand right now? Here’s a look at the fan vote rankings as of 5:35 a.m. on Wednesday, April 20:
- Duran Duran: 864,181 votes
- Eminem: 656,708 votes
- Pat Benatar: 570,603 votes
- Eurythmics: 400,653 votes
- Dolly Parton: 368,039 votes
- Judas Priest: 333,633 votes
- Carly Simon: 302,995 votes
- Lionel Richie: 278,577 votes
- DEVO: 203,027 votes
- Kate Bush: 192,261 votes
- Rage Against The Machine: 176,785 votes
- Dionne Warwick: 169,986 votes
- A Tribe Called Quest: 138,069 votes
- New York Dolls: 110,116 votes
- Beck: 91,923 votes
- MC5: 85,457 votes
- Fela Kuti: 64,784 votes
RELATED: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Dolly Parton will remain potential 2022 inductee after announcing she decided to 'bow out'
For context, here’s where each of the 17 Rock Hall nominees stood in the fan ballot as of 7:15 a.m. on April 4:
- Duran Duran: 763,147 votes
- Eminem: 616,217 votes
- Pat Benatar: 489,780 votes
- Eurythmics: 343,406 votes
- Dolly Parton: 334,302 votes
- Judas Priest: 288,505 votes
- Carly Simon: 257,867 votes
- Lionel Richie: 245,566 votes
- DEVO: 173,733 votes
- Kate Bush: 170,091 votes
- Rage Against The Machine: 158,646 votes
- Dionne Warwick: 148,153 votes
- A Tribe Called Quest: 127,817 votes
- New York Dolls: 95,443 votes
- Beck: 81,288 votes
- MC5: 74,349 votes
- Fela Kuti: 58,209 votes
The five artists with the most votes will comprise a “fan ballot” that will be tallied with the other ballots when the 2022 inductees are announced in May. To be eligible for nomination, an individual artist or band must have released its first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination.
“Nominee ballots are sent to an international voting body of more than 1,000 artists, historian, and members of the music industry,” Rock Hall officials explain. “Factors such as an artist’s musical influence on other artists, length and depth of career and the body of work, innovation and superiority in style and technique are taken into consideration.”
The 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place this fall at a yet-to-be-announced location.
RELATED: Mike Polk Jr. has some thoughts on keeping the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in a previous Rock Hall story on Feb. 11, 2022.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter