CLEVELAND — It’s almost time.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will unveil the 2020 class of inductees on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 8 a.m. 3News will have the announcement right here on WKYC.com the moment it happens.
*UPDATE* The 2020 inductees have been revealed. CLICK HERE to see who is being inducted.
There are 16 contenders this year -- with nine first-time nominees -- vying for their spot in rock ‘n’ roll’s hallowed hall. The nominees battling for induction are:
- Pat Benatar (first-time nominee)
- Dave Matthews Band (first-time nominee)
- Depeche Mode
- The Doobie Brothers (first-time nominee)
- Whitney Houston (first-time nominee)
- Judas Priest
- Motörhead (first-time nominee)
- Nine Inch Nails
- The Notorious B.I.G. (first-time nominee)
- Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
- Todd Rundgren
- Soundgarden (first-time nominee)
- T-Rex (first-time nominee)
- Thin Lizzy (first-time nominee)
Fans had the opportunity to impact the induction by voting for their favorites. The top five artists selected by the public will comprise a “fan ballot” that will be tallied and factored in when determining the list of 2020’s inductees. The fan voting option closed at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 10.
The 2020 induction ceremony will take place at Cleveland’s iconic Public Hall on Saturday, May 2. Ticket information will be revealed soon.
So who will it be this year?