SANDUSKY, Ohio — Cedar Point has announced yet another change for its 2020 season.
Smoking will no longer be permitted anywhere inside Cedar Point as the park becomes as a “smoke-free environment.”
“Smoking will only be permitted in the designated smoking area outside the main gate,” Cedar Point’s Tony Clark said in a blog post.
Cedar Point had previously offered designated in-park smoking areas.
This ban prohibits smoking of any kind within the park, including vapor and e-cigarettes, Cedar Point officials note.
Kings Island, their sister park near Cincinnati, also recently announced a smoking ban.
Disney parks initiated a smoking ban last year.
The new policy comes amid many changes as Cedar Point prepares for a shortened 2020 operating season with a handful of restrictions related to coronavirus, including limited capacity, required park reservations and mandatory masks.
Cedar Point Shores Waterpark will remain closed this summer.
As a result of their shortened season, Cedar Point has also postponed all of their 150th anniversary festivities and attractions until 2021. 2020 season passes and add-ons have been extended through the 2021 season.
Cedar Point was originally slated to open this year on May 9.
Here's more about the new boat ride that will debut at Cedar Point next year:
- RELATED: Cedar Point announces reduced hours for 2020 season: Waterpark to remain closed this year
- RELATED: Cedar Point hosting July 4 fireworks with parking lot viewing access
- RELATED: Kings Island adds risk disclaimer on park’s reopening amid coronavirus: More changes revealed
- RELATED: Petition calls for Kings Island to cancel mask requirement when park reopens
- RELATED: Kennywood cancels Halloween events as park prepares to open amid coronavirus