SANDUSKY, Ohio — When it comes to roller coasters, NBC's Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd is a big fan -- and he loves Cedar Point.
"Cedar Point is one of my favorite roller coaster parks to go to in this country," he said. "It’s unbelievable. I think it’s the best roller coasters going."
Todd made those comments ahead of his interview with Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine in which the timing of Cedar Point's ability to reopen was discussed.
“Well that would be a next level of reopening," Gov. DeWine said. "I have no idea when Cedar Point will be able to open. Our kids and grandkids love to go there. We would love to go there, but we’re certainly not there yet."
You can read what else DeWine said about Cedar Point HERE.
Cedar Fair's CEO recently announced some potential safety measures -- including capacity limits and virtual queue lines -- that could be implemented once Cedar Fair’s parks are clear to open.
Although Cedar Point is still aiming to reopen at some point this year, the park has postponed all of their 150th anniversary season festivities and attractions until 2021.
- RELATED: Cedar Point postpones opening of new ride, all 150th anniversary festivities until 2021 season
- RELATED: Cedar Point plans to open ‘as soon as it is safe’ later this year: ‘We will ride again soon’
- RELATED: Take a virtual ride on every Cedar Point roller coaster while the park remains closed due to coronavirus
- RELATED: Cedar Point awarding 10 ‘everyday heroes’ with lifetime tickets: Nominate a hero
- RELATED: At Put-in-Bay, the party goes on despite the pandemic
- RELATED: 2020 Ohio State Fair canceled to help prevent spread of coronavirus
- RELATED: Can coronavirus spread in swimming pools? Here’s what you need to know