For the first time in more than four years, Giant Eagle has opened up a new Market District store.
Market District Westlake officially got up and running Thursday for the chain's 16th location across three states. Free samples were handed out to guests, and Food Network host Sunny Anderson was even there to sign autographs.
Aimed at more "upscale" shoppers, the newest location is 70,000 square feet and employs more than 200 workers. Several amenities are featured, including:
- Foods spots for barbecue, sushi, stir-fry, meat, seafood, and others
- A wide selection of conventional and organic farm-fresh fruits and vegetables
- More that 600 craft, imported, and domestic beers, a vast wine selection with expert wine stewards, and an in-store bar
- Health and wellness area and full-service pharmacy
- Huntington National Bank branch
- In-store Starbucks and dry cleaning
Giant Eagle spokesperson Dan Donovan issued the following statement:
"We believe our new Westlake Market District is the ideal food destination for today’s consumer. The store offers meal solutions for every eating occasion, whether customers are looking for special ingredients for their next homemade recipe, delicious ready-to-heat take home options or mouthwatering dishes to enjoy in the in-store cafe. To further meet the needs of our busy customers, we’ve added our Curbside Express and Scan, Pay & Go services to ensure that getting high-quality food is more convenient than ever before."