STOW, Ohio — Ohio has plenty of adventures waiting -- not just for your family, but for your dogs, too! We have some amazingly expansive dog parks that are perfect to let your canines run free. Bow Wow Beach in Stow has its own beach that's built for dogs along the shores of a three-acre lake.
Address: Silver Springs Park, 5027 Stow Road, Stow, OH 44224.
The park itself encompasses an enclosed eight acres for dogs to roam and swim. This used to be the site of a city park, but it was converted converted into a dog park in 2007.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Closed for maintenance every Thursday morning from 8-11 a.m.
- Open mid-March through Dec. 1 every year
- There are separate enclosures for small dogs.
- Dog washing stations are available at the main exit.
Other dog parks to check out:
-Tails 'n Trails Dog Park, Aurora, OH
-Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, Medina, OH
-Barkwood, Beachwood, OH
-3News Meteorologist Matt Standridge
MORE "GO-HIO" ADVENTURES:
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Swimming by Honey Run Waterfall
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Why is it named Old Woman Creek?
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Best sandy beaches to visit in Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Walking inside a famous French painting at Topiary Garden
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Investigating Ansel's Cave
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Chasing Dundee Falls in Tuscarawas County
- RELATED: GO-HIO | The best places to watch the sunset in Ohio: Exploring Euclid Beach