BEDFORD, Ohio — It has been so cold across Ohio that it seems like time is standing still -- well at least it is in the waterfalls as they are suspended in ice. One of the most picturesque falls in Northeast Ohio, Great Falls at Tinker Creek, is mostly frozen over thanks to several days of sub-freezing weather.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Head to Viaduct Park in Bedford, Ohio.
- Walk south along the paved path, which will descend towards the falls.
There are several lookout points with great views of not just the falls, but also the creek and the icicles that line the cliffside in the distance.
Many people have visited to photograph the falls themselves. What's so cool is that it will never look the exact same every winter because of how high the water may be and how the cold air works to turn it all into a frozen masterpiece.
-Meteorologist Matt Standridge
MORE GO-HIO ADVENTURES WITH MATT:
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Ice fishing on Portage Lakes
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Tracking the ice on Lake Erie
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Crossing the suspension bridge at the Girdled Road Reservation
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Helping Ohio's birds of prey fly and hunt again
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Ice skating at Merwin's Wharf
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Wave watching in Geneva
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Fort Hill Rocky River Reservation
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Worden's Ledges in Hinckley
- RELATED: GO-HIO | Crossing covered bridges under the fall leaves in Ashtabula County