In a statement posted to its website Wednesday, 21st Century Fox announced that Fox News host Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the network.
“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," the statement says.
Reports that O'Reilly would not be returning surfaced Tuesday, stemming from a report by New York magazine. NPR followed with a report that the network was continuing with programming plans that excluded O'Reilly's show, "The O'Reilly Factor."
Advertisers were the first to drop O'Reilly, withdrawing from his show when allegations of sexual harassment surfaced.
O'Reilly announced a vacation on his show last Tuesday, claiming that his travel plans were booked last year. Fox initially told USA Today that O'Reilly would return April 24.