According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 70% of U.S. adults are obese or overweight. Dr. Christopher Daigle, a bariatric surgeon with Cleveland Clinic Akron General, joined Hollie & Alexa to talk more about this topic.
Here are the questions Hollie & Alexa had for Dr. Daigle:
- What are the health risks of being overweight?
- Why should someone consider having weight-loss surgery?
- Who is a candidate for bariatric surgery?
- How does bariatric surgery help chronic conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure?
- How much weight loss can be expected?
- What kind of lifestyle changes need to happen after surgery?
Do you suffer from any chronic health conditions? Is it related to your weight? Would you consider bariatric surgery? Find us on social media at ‘Live on Lakeside’ and let us know!
For More Information:
Cleveland Clinic Akron General Bariatric Center