We honor our veterans and the amazing sacrifice they – and their families - make for our country. But what can we do to help when a veteran comes home with wounds none of us can see? Denise Weller can tell us. Denise is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of Hearts of Patriots.
Below are the questions Alexa & Michael asked:
- Before we talk about Hearts of Patriots, tell us what led to the founding of it.
- What was that like for Megan, as his wife, and for you to see what was happing to your daughter and her family?
- What is Hearts of Patriots doing to help others in a similar situation?
- Your background is in dance and theater? How are you using that to spread the message?
- You have another event coming up as well – your first Steak Fry to raise funds for Hearts of Patriots work. Tell us a little about it.
Will you attend the Steak Fry event? Find us on social media @ ‘Live on Lakeside’ and let us know!
FOR MORE INFO:
Blood Stripe: A Spouse’s Story
Wednesday, November 6 – 6:30pm
Breen Center for the Performing Arts
Hearts for Patriots Presents…
Inaugural Steak Fry Fundraiser
October 26 – 5-8pm
AMVETS Post 22 – Vermillion