It’s so important for children to feel represented in the media they consume. Just Like Me Books is working to bring a diverse array of books to children, and they’ve partnered with Multicultural Children’s Book Day to make it happen. Owner of Just Like Me Books, Michelle Person, stopped by to tell Hollie & Joe more.
Here are the question Hollie & Joe asked Michelle:
- What is Multicultural Children’s Book Day?
- How did you get involved?
- Why do you think it’s so important for kids to see diversity reflected in their books?
- Tell us about the program!
- Where can viewers find more information?|
- And how can viewers contact you?
Did you feel accurately represented in the children’s books you read? What do you wish was represented more in your kid’s media consumption? Tweet us @LIVEONLakeisde or find us on Facebook at LIVE on Lakeside and let us know!
For More Information:
Just Like Me Books
Facebook & Twitter: @ReadJustLikeMe