I won't lie. I can't wait for August to get here.
I think the Cleveland Browns being showcased this summer on HBO's 'Hard Knocks' is going to be absolutely amazing.
Jim Donovan laid out why he's excited for the show to come to Cleveland in 'Jimmy's Take' on Thursday night. 'The Voice of the Browns' thinks this is the perfect avenue for the team to show that they've gotten up from being 1-31, dusted themselves off, and are now showing real signs of improvement.
There are no shortage of topics and personalities for the show to focus on:
- New GM John "Buddy Boy" Dorsey
- Hue Jackson, from the waters of Lake Erie, to the sidelines of Berea, in a crucial year as head coach
- Baker Mayfield vs. Tyrod Taylor
- Myles Garrett and his poetry, love of dinosaurs, and affinity for classic rock
- Jarvis Landry
- Josh Gordon
- Gregg Williams and his meeting room tirades
- And of course, you the fans and your endless passion for this team
Me, I'm hoping for a few memorable moments and catchphrases to emerge. Like these:(Caution: these NFL coaches do like to swear during the show)
Plus, I have the added joy of knowing that the great Liev Schreiber is going to be narrating it all.
No matter what happens, it's going to be an experience. Let's hope the Browns fully embrace it and make it a summer to remember, on and off camera.
Watch the Donovan Live Postgame Show in the player above