Donating blood makes a huge difference in the lives of those affected ---not only by disasters but diseases as well. And, next month is National Sickle Cell Awareness Month. On the show today with more were Alan K. Nevel from MetroHealth and Jim McIntyre from the American Red Cross Northeast Ohio Region.
Below are the questions Tiffany asked Alan & Jim:
- Why are you spotlighting Sickle Cell Awareness Month?
- What’s the connection with the Red Cross?
- What have you done/are you doing to bring awareness to this health condition?
- Why is it important for sickle cell patients to have blood donations readily available?
- What’s the connection to diversity?
- What are you asking of the community/call to action?
Visit our social media, ‘We The People’ and let us know if you will donate blood.
For More Information
And To Register For The Blood Drives: