20th Annual Kentucky Derby Party is an event you don’t want to miss and it benefits a great organization.
You could enjoy a fun evening out in Ohio City at a Kentucky Derby party while supporting St. Vincent de Paul Society's Hunger Centers at the same time. Anelize Nader from the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Diocese of Cleveland and Lou Keim, Member of the Kentucky Derby Party Committee were on the show today with more.
The questions Leon asked were:
1. Before we get to the fundraiser, What type of emergency assistance does St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) provide to people in need, and how many people does it serve annually?
2. How is St. Vincent de Paul Society emergency assistance different from some other local social services organizations that offer emergency basic needs help?
3. Where do people in need go/call for SVDP assistance?
4. What is the purpose of the May 2nd Kentucky Derby Party fundraiser and what are the details?
5. What is SVDP's service area?
6. What are the ways (in addition to much-needed financial donations) that people can help the St. Vincent de Paul Society? (e.g. SVDP uses volunteers at its hunger centers, at its downtown central office, people can provide in-kind donations to SVDP hunger centers, SVDP is always seeking partnerships with local organizations/businesses, etc.)
For Emergency Help: