The US Census is here. And, its important to make sure everyone is counted for because those numbers help with critical funding, services and representation in Cuyahoga County. However, making sure everyone is counted for isn’t easy. There are “Hard to Count” communities and here to explain what that means were Simeon Best and Daniel Ortiz.
The questions Tiffany asked were:
- In relation to the census, what does it mean to be a member of a “Hard to Count” community and what are some examples of these populations/locations?
- What makes these populations harder to count than others?
- What work has the County and the subcommittee chairs of the Complete Count Committee been doing to spread awareness about the importance of the census to Hard to Count communities?
- How are you working to combat the fear of the census after the confusion of a potential citizenship question?
- How does the census impact residents of Cuyahoga County, especially those in Hard to Count communities?
- What events are being held to spread awareness and encourage people to fill out their census forms?
CONTACT INFO: cuyahogacounty.us/2020census