CLEVELAND — Everyone enjoys a cheat day, even when you're a professional athlete.
That's why Chef Anna from Anna in the Raw makes sure her professional clients are able to treat themselves without going overboard.
Here is how to make her "cheat without cheating" cauliflower fried rice:
- Start with a head of cauliflower and use a box grater to make rice like shape.. You can also use a food processor if you have one. Frozen cauliflower rice found in the frozen section at the supermarket also works, whatever is easiest for you, Anna says.
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons of coconut in a non-stick skillet, and once heated, add 4 cups of cauliflower.
- Add half a cup of fresh or frozen veggies.
- Stir for three to four minutes until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic if you want some extra immune-boosting spice.
- Make a circle in the middle of the rice and vegetables, and add a tablespoon of oil and two whisked eggs.
- After the eggs look scrambled, toss together with 3 tablespoons of gulten-free or regular soy sauce if there are no allergies.
- Add soy last since cauliflower is moist by nature and won't hold flavor unless added last.
- Feel free to add cashews for extra protein, but Chef Anna says you can also add chicken or shrimp.
All in all, your healthy fried rice comes in under 100 calories per serving.
"Cutting carbs and refined sugar and eating healthy fat is the basis of Keto. Calories aren't usually the issue but, do you," says Chef Anna, "we all do the best we can depending on the day and what's going on. Be kind to yourself. You're already perfect."
For more tips on healthy-ing up food in your life, watch Chef Anna's tips in the player below.