Tuesday marks the first officials day of Fall and nothing says fall quite like pumpkin-flavored treats.
So to get you in the spirit, we're whipping up two fall favorites with a healthy twist.
Showing us the ropes is health and nutrition expert, Joy Bauer from the TODAY show.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heated skim milk (or any other milk)
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients (microwave for about a minute to get it piping hot)
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Recipe:
- 6 ounces nonfat vanilla Greek or traditional yogurt
- ⅓ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans (optional)
- Pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Combine the yogurt, pumpkin, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Top with the nuts and an extra sprinkle of the pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, if desired.