x

Cleveland's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Cleveland, Oh | WKYC.com

Watch | Ryan Seacrest 'did not have a stroke,' Hannah Brown's apology for using the N-word doesn't sit well and Mary Kate Olsen has to wait to divorce

Plus, Dr. Amy Acton reaches a new level of pop culture icon with a profile in Glamour magazine
Credit: Ryan Seacrest
Ryan Seacrest then and now, from Sunday's 'American Idol' finale at left where viewers feared he had a stroke, to the start of the show decades ago, at right.

Over the weekend, live video was not kind to stars from all walks of life, from Ryan Seacrest worrying fans that he may had a stroke during the 'American Idol' finale to a former Bachelorette casually dropping a racial slur while singing a rap song. 

Monday came with its own setbacks for fashion mogul and now-grown child star Mary Kate Olsen, who was told she would have to wait to end her five year marriage.

But it was a banner day for Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton, who more firmly cemented her place as a pop culture icon with a profile in Glamour magazine.

"Dancing With the Stars" champion Hannah Brown, however, may have gotten herself canceled.

After first denying singing the N-word on an Instagram Live video over the weekend, the former stars ABC's dating franchise posted that she was sorry in a written statement.

That move was not good enough, if you ask former Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay, who is the only woman of color to ever lead "The Bachelorette."

Credit: Hannah Brown
Former "Bachelorette" Hannah Brown apologies after singing a racial slur in a live video over the weekend.

Lindsay shared that she spoke directly with Hannah B., and challenged her to apologize in a video, appearing just like she did when she said the slur. 

"You need to be bold enough to use your face and on camera and apologize in the same way that you said the word," Lindsay said in her own post on Instagram.

But so far, Hannah B. has not shown her face since saying that word.

For one of the Olsen twins, the final word on a request for special accommodation in her divorce proceedings has been shot down. 

Mary Kate's emergency divorce filing has been denied by a judge who says her situation does not constitute an emergency.

After eight years together, the 33-year-old fashion designer filed for divorce from her 50-year-old French banker husband, Olivier Sarkozy, in April, and he wanted her out of their New York City apartment by today. 

That's why Mary Kate submitted the special divorce filing, saying she couldn't move in the middle of a pandemic and that she was worried he'd try to sell off her personal property.

While she may have been concerned about her things in the marital home, Mary Kate reportedly has an ironclad prenup to protect her fashion fortune.

Since her emergency filing has been denied, Mary Kate will now have to file a separation agreement and wait until Manhattan family courts are back in session to move forward with the process of ending her five-year marriage.

The busiest man in Hollywood has also found himself sidelined, as a representative for Seacrest has said the radio and television host is taking much needed time to rest.

The rep said that Seacrest, who gave fans a scare on Sunday night, did not have a stroke during the "American Idol" finale, despite slurred speech and a worrysome facial expression where his right eye appeared to droop. 

Seacrest, who has been with the show since it first premiered in 2002 and was missing from his other regular gig on "Live with Kelly and Ryan" this morning, was just stressed with doing so many live shows from home, Hhis team told People.

Seacrest has also been hosting Disney's sing-along specials throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, in addition to his longstanding weekday syndicated radio show, "On Air with Ryan Seacrest."

"Like many people right now, Ryan is adjusting to the new normal and finding work-home balance, with the added stress of having to put on live shows from home," the rep said in an emailed statement.

Here at home in Northeast Ohio, Glamour magazine is asking if our Department of Health Director is "the pandemic's most Midwestern hero."

The  piece talks about the Dr. Acton Facebook Fan Club and how she started getting Ohio ready, behind the scenes, for this pandemic back in January, after picking up on the subtle cues in the voice of a doctors with the Centers for Disease Control during a COVID-19 briefing.

It also praises her great working relationship with Republican Governor Mike DeWine, something medical experts don't always have with state leadership across the country.

Check out the feature story on Dr. Action here.

RELATED: Mary Kate Olsen files for emergency divorce, why Khloe and Tristan sent a cease & desist letter, and 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe has a new song

RELATED: Watch | Jonas Brothers drop new songs, Frozen on Broadway will not reopen post COVID-19, and why Ashlee Simpson's gender reveal didn't go as planned

RELATED: J Lo's daughter Emme has a new book, why Elle Fanning dressed up as Brad Pitt, and Matt Damon confirms his oldest daughter had COVID-19

RELATED: 'Fuller House' is coming to an end, Kylie Jenner's daughter Stormi tries the 'sweets challenge,' and Adam Sandler's daughter tells Jimmy Kimmel TMI

RELATED: Pop Break: Justin Bieber & Ariana Grande drop new music video, Elon Musk shares how to say his son’s names, & Gerber’s newest baby is unveiled