CLEVELAND — Craft beer's "Big Wig" is one of Cleveland's own!
Cheers to Andy Tveekrem for being newly elected the president of the Master Brewers Association. The organization was formed in 1887 with the purpose of advancing and improving the professional interest of brewing.
"We exist to keep brewers educated and talking the technical talk," Tveekrem said in our recent sit-down.
Tveekrem's love of beer goes back three decades, when he first started brewing from his home. Since then, he has gone on to make his mark in the Cleveland beer scene as co-founder and brewmaster of Market Garden Brewery in Ohio City. Now, he gets to make his mark globally by leading the Master Brewers Association, which has nearly 5,000 members in 50 different countries.
When asked his favorite brew he has ever brewed, Tveekrem said, "the one that's in my hand."
See above for a wide ranging interview with Tveekrem, including his answer for best brewery in Cleveland.
- Closed, take-out only, proof of vaccine required; What Northeast Ohio restaurants are doing as COVID-19 cases surge
- Kick-start your Resolution: Health trends to start 2022
- Now Open: BrewDog in the Flats | Doug Trattner reports
- Chipotle bring new digital kitchen concept to Cuyahoga Falls this month
- Raising Canes increasing starting wage in Ohio to $15 per hour