CLEVELAND — Fall is here and sweet treats are everywhere.
Between the "COVID-15" and the impending hibernation weight, many are looking for ways to make some of their favorite foods healthier.
Cleveland Cavaliers Nutritionist, Chef Terry Bell is teaching you how to make healthy, gluten-free donuts.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 12 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.5 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt coconut oil in microwave till liquidy
- Heat honey in the microwave for 30 seconds until liquid
- Whisk eggs & honey together
- Add coconut oil & vanilla
- Once mixed, add coconut flour, baking soda, and salt into egg mixture mix until well blended
- Using a spoon, spoon batter into a well-greased silicon doughnut pan
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Put doughnuts on a cooling rack until cool
- Once cool add frosting or drizzle with chocolate.
- The most important step, enjoy!