CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio — It’s almost time to face your fears at a new restaurant that’s serving up some scares with eerie eats in Cleveland Heights.
Welcome to The Haunted House Restaurant, which opened to the general public Tuesday, July 20. This spooky spot, which is located at 13463 Cedar Road, takes over the space once home to a Melt Bar & Grilled.
So what freaky surprises can you expect inside The Haunted House Restaurant? Well, it's like Halloween all year long.
The restaurant was designed to be fun. As you enter the doors there's a movie box office and artwork of classic horror and thriller movies. Not to mention, there's popcorn too.
Owner Andre Scott said the concept was brought to life because of his godbrother Ryan Wolf, who's a DJ for the Cleveland Browns. "Within 15 minutes, Ryan had a dope concept, said Scott.
"The restaurant is a concept for experience, for fun creative families," Scott added.
The wait staff and kitchen crew wasted no time as they hustled to take orders and give the guests a unique experience on opening day.
Scott told 3News, "When you come here, it's not just a dine in, it's a full experience like you're going to Cedar Point."
He also added the restaurant is open for brunch on the weekends and encourages guests to check out the new spot.
We streamed live footage from the restaurant's opening Tuesday morning, which you can watch in the player below:
Creepy décor features detailed artwork of some of horror’s most infamous icons like Pennywise the clown from IT, Jason Voorhees of the Friday the 13th series, Frankenstein’s monster and more. Scary movie posters line the walls with a sign declaring: "Only thing scary is how good the food is.”
Here’s a few highlights from the horror-themed menu:
- The Twilight: Chicken and black waffle with cream cheese whip and sticky fried chicken.
- Pennywise: Red waffle with fried chicken, over-medium egg, pepper jack heat drizzle.
- Scooby Snacks: Nachos with pulled chicken, wontons, sweet chili queso, chipotle Pico and Asian guacamole.
- Nashville Massacre: Fried hot shrimp with avocado mousse, braised pineapple salsa.
- Nightmare on Elm Street Corn: Street corn with garlic aioli, cotija cheese, smoked bourbon paprika, cilantro, candy bacon.
- Jerk Silence of the Lamb Pops: Jerk lollipops with roasted potatoes and charred carrots.
- The Lurch Burger: Beef patty with caramelized onions, smoked gouda, bacon jam, garlic aioli, arugula.
- The Grudge: Salmon with fried asparagus, creamy sweet potato hash, Korean BBQ sauce, braised pineapple salsa.
- Birdbox: Fried chicken breast with Cajun mayo, brown sugar slaw, white American cheese, haunted sauce.
- Jaws: Pizza with seafood cream sauce, cheese, shrimp, salmon, lobster tail, caramelized onions, spinach, roasted red peppers.
HAUNTED BOWL DRINKS
- Candyman: Grape vodka, cherry vodka, sour mix, lime juice, cranberry, ginger ale.
- Ecto Cooler: Hpnotiq, Hennessy, Midori, pineapple juice.
- The Mist: Berry Limon vodka, Simply Lemonade, Smirnoff blue raspberry cooler, finished with blue sugar rim.
- Children of the Corn (non-alcoholic): Orange juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale with candy spread.
- The Grinch (non-alcoholic): Green Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice, Sprite with candy spread.
Again, the list above is only a portion of their options. See the full menu from The Haunted House Restaurant HERE.