CLEVELAND — *EDITOR'S NOTE: The above video is from a previous story.
Ice cream lovers rejoice! You'll soon have another spot to find your local favorites.
Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream confirms it will be opening up a shop inside the Heinen's rotunda in Downtown Cleveland. Unlike most grocery stores where Mitchell's is simply sold in cartons, customers will be able to obtain ready-to-eat scoops as they shop.
"We have worked with Heinen’s for 22 years and they have always been such a pleasure to work with in Cleveland," Mitchell's co-founder Pete Mitchell told Cleveland Scene's Doug Trattner, who also does separate feature work for WKYC Studios. "It's always been so good that we had no apprehension at all, just general excitement about this idea of working with them to have scoops of our ice cream available downtown."
Details on the ice cream stand are still developing, but it's expected to be up and running some time in May.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
- Mexican Pizza returning to Taco Bell menus nationwide in May
- Looking for some delicious candy? Head on over to Sweet Bean in Cleveland!
- Walnut Wednesday set to return to Perk Plaza on May 4
- Roasted | New coffee shop, community workspace opens in Tremont
- Sweet Spring in Cleveland: Donut Fest returns in May 2022