If you're on a diet, then this is not the recipe for you.
But lets be honest, start counting your calories AFTER Thanksgiving! In the meantime, grab your elastic pants and belly up to the cheesy goodness that is my mom's cheesy potatoes. It's super easy and will be sure to please.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of garlic salt
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 stick melted butter
- Mix the soup and sour cream together
- Add the other ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 pan
- Bake for 90 minutes at 350 degrees