CLEVELAND — Hey parents: Are your kids snacking, like, all day right now? Are you worried about mixing in some healthy options?
If you answered "yes," we've got a few quick and healthy ideas for you.
We tapped local Chef Eric Wells, of Skye LaRae's Culinary Services, for help.
Vegetables with Creamy Yogurt Dip
- -2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- -1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- -1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- -½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- -1 bunch fresh broccoli
- -1 cup snow peas
- -1 cup baby rainbow carrots
In a medium bowl, mix yogurt, olive oil, thyme and salt. Serve with vegetables to dip.
Easy Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granola
- ½ cup honey
In cups, layer yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and granola. Top with honey.
Lindsay's Hummus "Spiders"
- - Handful of baby carrots, julienned into 8 slices
- - 1/2 cup of hummus of your choice
- - 2 raisins
Put a big dollop of hummus in the center of the plate to form a "spider's body." Arrange the "legs" on the sides. Add the raisins for the eyes. Feel free to replace carrots with other veggies or pretzel sticks. Use what you have in the fridge!
For more information on Chef Eric Wells and Skye LaRae's Culinary Service, click HERE.