SPRING HILL, Fla. — This heartwarming reunion at Spring Hill Elementary will bring a tear to your eye and a smile to your face.
On Thursday, U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Brie Johnson stopped by the school to surprise her daughter, Peyton.
In a Facebook post, Hernando Schools said Peyton's mom had been deployed for several months as part of the task force COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
A video posted by the school district shows the moment the two reunite.
Peyton's teachers have her stand in front of a stage with her classmates around her as they talk about her upcoming birthday. Her mom then sneaks up behind her and waits for her to turn around.
The emotional reunion brings Peyton to tears.
We can't think of a better birthday surprise.
- How 'Law and Order' taught 11-year-old how to help police identify the man who tried to kidnap her
- NOAA predicts an above-normal 2021 Atlantic hurricane season
- Red tide advisory issued near Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island
- President Biden signs bill to combat anti-Asian hate crimes
- Brink of a fertility crisis: Scientist says plummeting sperm counts caused by everyday products
- Your guide to jumping on the Tampa Bay Lightning bandwagon
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter