WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — A man using a metal detector on a Florida beach found a high school ring that another man lost nearly 50 years ago.
Kenneth Board says he lost the Auburndale High School ring on Cocoa Beach the day after the 1970 senior prom.
The Ledger reports Jerry Pope was sweeping his metal detector across the sand on Melbourne Beach, some 20 miles from Cocoa Beach two weeks ago when he found the ring. He cleaned the green growth off of it and discovered the initials “H” or “R” as well as the last initial, “B.”
Jake White, a testing coordinator at Auburndale High, took the initials and graduating year and found the match in Board.
Board is retired from the U.S. Postal Service. He says he “can’t fathom” that Pope found the ring.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tired of telemarketers calling you? Say this phrase
- NTSB investigating deadly plane crash that killed 9
- Woman accused of driving 117 mph on U.S. 19
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- Astronomers discover black hole that 'should not even exist' in our galaxy
- Deputies search for 2 missing Florida children
FREE 10NEWS APP: