CLEVELAND — For the last week-plus on "What's New," we've been helping you get ready for Thanksgiving with "Sensational Sides," bringing in our own family members to share staples at our dinner tables.
Today, Jay Crawford's wife Tracy joins us to make her sweet potato casserole! Check out the recipe below:
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flower
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl, and with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until potatoes begin to break up.
- Increase speed to medium and blend until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs and salt. Mix well.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into casserole dish.
- Prepare topping by whisking together the brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the potato mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
More 'Sensational Sides':