It was part of a Guinness World Record-breaking attempt that involved a total of 53 couples expressing their love for each other from across the country. The targeted record: Most vow renewal ceremonies performed online simultaneously. You can watch the moment below.
Daisy and Kenneth from Aurora were among those who renewed their vows.
"I used to call in the mornings and ask her, 'What do you need?' I'd bring a sandwich or something from McDonald's in the morning when I came to work," Kenneth said while explaining how he worked for her as a home contractor.
The other Ohio couple was Mary and Bob. Mary runs the Dancing Wheels Company and School in Cleveland. On their 10th wedding anniversary, Bob matched Mary for a kidney donation, which saved her life.
Hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager officiated the vow renewals. When it was complete, it was verified they officially set a new Guinness World Record. The previous record was 50. The new record, set by the Today couples, was 53.
MORE VALENTINE'S DAY COVERAGE:
- RELATED: 3 steps to making the perfect chocolate-covered strawberries
- RELATED: Love in the pandemic: How couples in nursing homes have strengthened their love in isolation
- RELATED: 5 healthy treats to make for your loved ones this Valentine's Day
- RELATED: 15 sweet ways to save 'I love you' Cleveland-style: Laura DeMarco's Valentine's Day guide
- RELATED: First lady organizes Valentine's Day message to America on White House lawn
- RELATED: 10 movies to watch on Netflix this Valentine's Day
- RELATED: What your Valentine really wants this year: See which gifts top the list in 2021